About Whitney Biennial Foundation
Biennial Foundation was established in 2009 as a primary of its kind initiative planning to produce a platform for dialogue, networking, and information sharing among up to date art biennials round the world.
In its 1st 5 years, BIENNIAL FOUNDATION developed new connections and exchanges among biennials and biennial practitioners worldwide. one among the Foundation’s main endeavors throughout that amount was to act as catalyst and help within the method of forming a brand new skilled member association for biennial organizers: the International Biennial Association (IBA) based in 2014.
Having consigned the skilled networking to IBA, the BIENNIAL FOUNDATION became AN freelance think-tank guiding its efforts towards analysis, discourse, support and variety while not being tied to interest of any specific biennial.
With the success of the 2 editions of the globe Biennial Forum conference organized in Gwangju (2012) and city (2014), a series of publications and analysis initiatives, BIENNIAL FOUNDATION has established itself as thought leader within the field, whereas its web site became the one most vital resource on biennials on the online.
BIENNIAL FOUNDATION was ab initiation registered in 2009 with the Chamber of Commerce within the Netherlands. In 2016, a brand new legal entity, Biennial Foundation Iraqi National Congress., has been shaped within the u. s., underneath the big apple State Not-For-Profit law. it’s organized and operated solely for exempt functions set forth in section 501(c)(3) of the inner Revenue Code.
BIENNIAL FOUNDATION is associate freelance not-for-profit arts organization.
Its mission is to supply support and thought leadership for the international arts community and to have interaction and encourage various non-professional audiences by actively fostering the study, recognition and appreciation of perennial exhibitions of up to date art, style and design unremarkable called “biennials”.
In furtherance of its mission, BIENNIAL FOUNDATION:
- develops and maintains a highly-visible on-line interface functioning because the reference for biennials world-wide;
- supports or produces relevant creative and inventive projects;
- organizes or contributes to instructional initiatives and cultural experiences for various skilled and non-professional audiences (such as conferences, workshops, coaching programs, target-hunting visits, publications);
- fosters knowledge domain analysis and production of information associated with modern biennials and exhibitions round the world;
- provides recommendation for people, associations, and establishments aspiring to enrich their native infrastructure for modern art by putting in place a brand new international exhibition or perennial art event.